For my Ph.D. I had studied the ecology and conservation of shrubland bird communities in Eastern Ghats of India. To ensure an effective conservation model I had:
- 1. The foraging habitat use by shrub land birds
- 2. Association between invasive plants and bird communities
- 3. Socio-economic structure of the local communities and their dependence on the shrub forests
- 4. Land Use and Land Cover Changes in Eastern Ghats
- By combining the results from all the above I had developed a conservation policy that involves active involvement of local communities, invasive plant management for rehabilitation of shrub forests.
Deshwal, A., P. Panwar, (2021). Conservation of drought-hit landscape with poor socio-economic conditions. Article manuscript in Review.
Deshwal, A., S. Stephenson, P. Panwar, (2021). Management of Biodiversity in Eastern Ghats of India. Article manuscript in Review.
Deshwal, A., S. Stephenson, P. Panwar, B. DeGregorio, R. Kannan, and J.D. Willson, (2021). Foraging ecology of shrubland bird community in tropical dry forest. Article manuscript in Review.
Deshwal A., Panwar P., Young, M. A., and Neal, J. C. In Review. Using long-term citizen science data to understand distribution and habitat use of an irruptive species. Article manuscript in Review.
Panwar P., A. Deshwal, R. Kannan, N. Collar, N, and A.J. Spencer, (2021). Monograph on Clay-colored thrush (Turdus grayi). version 2.0. In Neotropical Birds Online (T. S. Schulenberg and B. K. Keeney, Editors). Cornell Lab of Ornithology, Ithaca, New York, USA.
Kannan R., A. Deshwal, P. Panwar, S. Hilty, and E.D. Juana, (2020). Monograph on Crimson-collared Tanager (Ramphocelus sanguinolentusi). Version 2.0. In Birds of the World (T. S. Schulenberg, S. M. Billerman, and B. K. Keeney, Editors). Cornell Lab of Ornithology, Ithaca, New York, USA.
Deshwal, A., P. Panwar, and R. Kannan (2019). Black-headed Saltator (Saltator atriceps), version 1.0. In Birds of the World (T. S. Schulenberg, Editor). Cornell Lab of Ornithology, Ithaca, NY, USA.
Wiley, S., R. Kannan, D.A. James, and A. Deshwal (2015). Foraging Behavior of Swainson’s Thrushes (Catharus ustulatus) During Spring Migration through Arkansas. Journal of the Arkansas Academy of Science, 69(1), pp.124-129.